This is a post I had saved in my drafts for quite awhile. I finally decided to publish it to let you in on a little of who I am, what I’ve done, where I’ve been and some other useless ramble. Once you’re finished reading this, I’d love to hear something about you. So comment below when you’re done.
This is me. The me you might not know:
1. My wife and I pretty much pinned the tail on the donkey (a map) as to where we were going to move when we got married. We decided on the Hackettstown area with no real reason other than I thought it was a nice place. I knew only two people who lived in the area.
2. I once wrote a short novel on an alien abduction and an inter galactic battle that ensued as a result. It was lost in a flood.
3. I’m afraid of meeting new people. When people come to gym, usually scared to start and come in, I’m more afraid than they are.
4. I can out read most people any day of the week. I finished roughly 200 books in the past year and a half. Reading. On audio, another 200 or more. I have a bookshelf packed with books and have stacks all over my house.
5. I’m writing two new books.
6. I trained my dog in less than 2 weeks to understand everything I wanted of him. However, I can’t cut his nails. He won’t let me.
7. I made 14 episodes of a podcast (The Awake and Alive Podcast), each about 20 minutes long, and then deleted them.
8. A couple of weekends ago I wrote 30 new drafts of short blogs and deleted most of them. I feel people won’t understand me.
9. I used to eat Met-Rx bars in the back room at the A&P grocery store when I worked there and drank most of their chocolate milk. Never paid for it.
10. I never answer the phone unless it’s family. If I do I feel like jumping off a bridge.
11. I own 45 web domains. I have no idea why.
12. I believe there is a reason I cross paths with everyone I meet. If they stay longer than 5 minutes, in some way, I’ll change their life without even trying. Shaman Jedi Warrior Ninja Style.
13. Inside my heart I cried like a 2 year old baby girl when I got married and nearly shit my pants hiding it.
14. I was once fired by two different landscapers because of severe seasonal allergies. I couldn’t work because I sneezed every 3 seconds. Usually my allergies leave me feeling like a zombie for much of the late spring and early summer.
15. I worked as a Homemade Ice Cream maker. When I was 15 I worked at Here’s The Scoop and immediately took over the job of making all of their homemade ice cream. Several other ice cream stores around New Jersey started buying it because I kicked ass doing it. I also have worked as a Lowe’s Landscape Sales Associate, got hired at a Kohl’s and never went, worked as a Macy’s Customer Pick Up and Overall peon. Most of the time I would take the radio and go to the movies. Three a night sometimes. I also worked as a lighting store sales rep, driver, receiver, and decorator.
16. A psychic medium once told me out of the blue not to close my eyes when “they came”. She told me I’m stronger than “them” and they just want my help. No, I’ll never help them and I will close my eyes. Thank you.
17. I’m a huge daydreamer and I’m often a million miles away in outer space. I snap “out of it” hundreds of times a day.
18. I saved a cow’s life one day when I was peach picking with my wife at a local farm. This infant cow was choking on a peach that someone threw towards it and I stuck my hand in his mouth and saved him. Also saved a goat stuck in a fence that same day. It most likely would have broke it’s neck fighting it if I hadn’t got him out. Maybe. #Hero
19. When I started college I went for criminal justice. My friend’s dad called me a narc and I quit the next day. Never went back to college again.
20. At the time I crashed under the bridge for a few weeks I caught fish with just line, a hook, and left over “powerbait” that I’d find lying around the ground.
21. I helped deliver my daughter Hannah. The midwife actually assisted me in the final stages of the delivery. I was shocked that I acted so quickly and said yes to doing it. Coolest thing I’ve ever done.
22. When I was about 20 years old, my lifelong friend, neighbor, former co-worker, and best bud Mike was murdered in a hospital. This among other events around the time ultimately led me to living a reclusive life and “checking out” of this world.
23. I’m a huge introvert. I’m shy, awkward, and nervous in many situations. I need alone time to de-stress and can hide away forever, like a hermit. Think Thoreau in the woods.
24. I’m an avid fisherman. I love to fish every chance I get. Yet, I only go two or three times a year. I would go everyday if I could. (See #23)
25. I have published over 300 blog posts across the internet. Most have been viewed 10 times or less.
26. Back in the day I wanted to own a campground. I grew up camping all the time. It was a big dream of mine to have a family, live on a huge piece of land, and have a family campground.
27. I was once able to write over 120 words a minute. With my two index fingers. Now I’m around 100.
28. I love Spam. Haven’t had it in awhile.. but Nom Nom Nom!!
Bonus Thingy You Might Not Know About Me:
Something I’m hugely passionate about and what makes me “tick” is the desire to help people improve their lives. No matter what I can do to help someone, I’ll do it. My purpose, my passion, my motivation is in helping people become the best person they can be.
Now… tell me something I don’t know about YOU!